Do you have a passion for design, art direction, and great causes? Then we’re looking for you!
That is, if you’re a Designer/Art Director with 5+ years of agency or in-house experience, proven experience in direct mail and digital fundraising, and strong conceptual skills, all matched with an ability to self-manage and a decent sense of humor!
No really, direct mail and digital fundraising background are a must. We’re looking for a savvy, experienced designer who’ll be responsible for visual communications across a variety of non-profit clients. The Designer will lead numerous aspects of creative projects & campaigns from start to finish, in a variety of media: print, direct mail, digital, web, and video.
We’re seeking a great creative partner, a nimble and quick thinker who’ll gel with our talented in-house team. We want someone who will push us with dynamic, fresh approaches as well as offer strong direct marketing discipline that helps us do highly engaging work for our clients.
- Developing and producing original ideas and creative concepts for direct marketing campaigns, with responsibility for the overall visual aspects of client assignments in print and digital media
- Working closely with a copywriting partner as well as other team members including creative director, designers/art directors, production artists, photo/video, web developers, and print production, to form a productive creative partnership
- Solving problems per the Creative Brief and the assignment, but also responding to underlying needs not voiced by clients
- Bringing a mature and always-curious perspective to understanding target audiences and what makes them connect
- Producing digitally-rendered creative concepts to communicate ideas to the client
- Presenting creative concepts and rationale grounded in strategy, with the confidence to explain and support their thinking to the account team and directly to clients
- Staying current on trends and innovative ideas that fit the opportunities we have to influence client fundraising results
- Ensuring deadlines and budgets are met effectively. This is a fast-paced environment that requires you be comfortable and familiar with the pace of a professional agency
- Reporting directly to the Creative Director
- 5+ experience in art direction or design within an agency or in-house creative department. Prior agency experience is a must.
- Proven experience designing direct mail packages that move people to action, and an emerging portfolio of digital design work that includes email marketing, landing page design, and social media marketing in the fundraising space
- A keen eye for conceptual thinking, visual details and accuracy
- Strong technical skills in Adobe CS appropriate to your level of experience; fluent in today’s technologies, terms, and media as they apply to design
- Superior eye for strategy, layout, graphic design, and typography
- Ability to both lead by influence and example, great listener, good communicator, team player
- Willingness to challenge convention, a fountain of ideas, eager to keep learning, and patience
- If you don’t already have significant experience in fundraising work, this is not the right job for you. Also, we are looking very specifically for a mid-level to senior designer/art director. If you are already a Creative Director, then this may not be the right job for you.
Submit your resume
Next Level Thinking, Expert Perspective
Fill in the form below to download your copy.