Senior Designer/Art Director
Who You are …
You’re an ACD-level art director / designer with direct response in your blood and smart conceptual work in your portfolio. With 8+ years of experience, you’re skilled at solving visual problems to meet the brief – and skilled at not just doing what the client says, but going beyond, to show them things they’ll love.
You know direct response cold, and you’re energized by being a player-coach: able to develop visual communications for your own portfolio of clients as well as mentor others to do bigger and better work. Your background gives you the tools to coach and align creative work with better practices in both direct response and design.
Of course, you’re strategic, care deeply about results, have high standards, interested in others’ opinions, able to laugh at yourself on occasion, and have expert level knowledge of direct mail, print, email, social, web, and video in the direct response arena.
Who we are …
If the above describes you, then we’d love to know more about you! Pursuant is an agency devoted to inspiring passionate people to change the world through great causes. We help leading non-profit organizations to “go beyond.”
Pursuant partners with health and human service organizations, educational institutions, athletic programs, hospitals, and faith-based organizations to impact lives through insights and analytics, proven strategies, and award-winning creative.
- Developing and producing original ideas and creative concepts for direct marketing campaigns, with responsibility for the overall visual aspects of client assignments in print and digital media
- Working closely with a copywriting partner as well as other team members including creative director, designers/art directors, production artists, photo/video, web developers, and print production, to form a productive creative partnership
- Solving problems per the Creative Brief and the assignment, but also responding to underlying needs not voiced by clients
- Bringing a mature and always-curious perspective to understanding target audiences and what makes them connect
- Producing digitally-rendered creative concepts to communicate ideas to the client
- Presenting creative concepts and rationale grounded in strategy, with the confidence to explain and support their thinking to the account team and directly to clients
- Staying current on trends and innovative ideas that fit the opportunities we have to influence client fundraising results
- Ensuring deadlines and budgets are met effectively. This is a fast-paced environment that requires you be comfortable and familiar with the pace of a professional agency
- Reporting directly to the Creative Director
- 8+ years of experience in art direction or design within an agency or in-house creative department. Prior agency experience is a must.
- Proven experience designing direct mail packages that move people to action, and an emerging portfolio of digital design work that includes email marketing, landing page design, and social media marketing in the fundraising space
- A keen eye for conceptual thinking, visual details and accuracy
- Strong technical skills in Adobe CS appropriate to your level of experience; fluent in today’s technologies, terms, and media as they apply to design
- Superior eye for strategy, layout, graphic design, and typography
- Ability to both lead by influence and example, great listener, good communicator, team player
- Willingness to challenge convention, a fountain of ideas, eager to keep learning, and patience
Submit your resume
Next Level Thinking, Expert Perspective
Fill in the form below to download your copy.