#GivingTuesday is coming up in just two weeks. Are you ready to maximize the opportunity that this day could bring for your nonprofit?
Last year, nonprofits raised nearly $46 million on #GivingTuesday. That’s a 64 percent increase from 2013. What will happen this year?
If you’re planning to encourage donors to be generous to your organization on #GivingTuesday, I want to encourage you to review your social channels today to make sure they are going to be helpful to you in two weeks.
5 Last Minute To-Do’s to Get Ready for #GivingTuesday
1. Make sure you have links in your bio, about sections, and descriptions that link to a “donate” page. Don’t make potential donors dig too deep to find a way to donate. Make it easy.
2. Make sure you have a “donate” button on your Facebook page. Here’s a quick tutorial on how to get yours up and running. One way to make sure you don’t miss the opportunity for a donation is to optimize your Facebook page.
3. Review the information on your Facebook page’s about section. Is it accurate? Up to date? Does it give potential donors the information they are looking for?
4. Use eye-catching images in your social posts on #GivingTuesday and the days leading up to it. According to Hubspot, tweets with images receive 18% more clicks, 89% more favorites and 150% more retweets.
5. Enlist your tribe to help spread your message leading up to #GivingTuesday. Send your donors and constituents sample content to post on #GivingTuesday. Create images they can share. The easier you make it for them to help you, the more likely they will be to help you.
These are just a few simple ways to make sure you are ready for #GivingTuesday.
Do you feel prepared for #GivingTuesday?
If you’d like to read even more ways to maximize #GivingTuesday, download the free resource, the Ultimate #GivingTuesday Field Guide.