Your website gives donors their first true impression of your organization and can be the most influential factor in whether a donor decides to give. If your website is properly designed and organized, you can collect email addresses, have people register for ongoing communications and updates, and most importantly—capture donations. An optimized website can greatly expand your relationship with online visitors.
6 Ways to Optimize Your Nonprofit Website for Year-End Giving
1. Be sure your mission is clearly stated on the homepage.
2. Capture email addresses by offering visitors the chance to sign up for updates. Include a compelling reason for them to give up their email address.
3. Add a prominent “Donate Now” or “Give Now” button toward the top of your homepage.
4. Test your donation form regularly. Be sure the donate page is easy to use and gives the donor confidence in their decision (charity ratings, testimonials, etc.).
5. Make sure your homepage and donation forms are in sync with the theme of your year-end campaign.
6. Consider driving traffic to your website through paid search on Google.
Your website is truly your organization’s first impression. Be sure to maximize each and every opportunity to share about the exciting work you are doing by making sure every aspect of your website is at its maximum potential for year-end giving.
Want more information about what it takes for successful year-end giving?
Download our free resource, “10 Things You Should Know for a Strong Year-End Campaign” for some last minute ways to transform your year-end giving numbers step-by-step.
Have you made any small adjustments on your website or social media pages that have brought significant results?