LAST UPDATED: JUNE 24, 2020
How we collect and use information
We may collect the following types of information:
* Information you provide (not including your Constituent or Giving data). When you sign up for some of our products, we ask you for personal information. We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other Pursuant services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. For certain services, we may give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information.
* Constituent and Giving Data When you connect constituent data (your donor’s name, email address and/or physical address and any other associated constituent data) and giving data (transaction ID, amount, date of transaction and any other associated giving data) either via a third-party integration or uploading directly, we will not share that data with any third-parties or Pursuant clients. This data is not used or sold even in an aggregated, anonymized form to any third parties or Pursuant clients. You are the sole owner of your constituent and giving data and you can delete this data form our system at any time.
* Log information. When you access Pursuant services via a browser, application or other client our servers automatically record certain information. These server logs may include information such as your web request, your interaction with a service, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
* User communications. When you send email or other communications to Pursuant, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services. When you send and receive SMS messages to or from one of our services that provides SMS functionality, we may collect and maintain information associated with those messages, such as the phone number, the wireless carrier associated with the phone number, the content of the message, and the date and time of the transaction. We may use your email address to communicate with you about our services.
* Location data. Pursuant offers location-enabled services, sometimes part of another application. If you use those services, Pursuant may receive information about your actual location (such as GPS signals sent by a mobile device) or information that can be used to approximate a location (such as a cell ID).
In addition to the above, we may use the information we collect to:
* Provide, maintain, protect, and improve our services (including advertising services) and develop new services; and
* Protect the rights or property of Pursuant or our users.
If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
How we share your personal information
Links to other sites
Please note that, while using the Services, you could be directed to other sites that are developed and administered by people or companies not affiliated with or controlled by Pursuant. These other sites may place their own cookies on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information.
Your California Privacy Rights
California residents who provide certain types of personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us once a calendar year information about certain types of personal information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. To obtain this information, please send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Request for California Privacy Information” on the subject line and in the body of your message.
Do Not Track
The Services does not support Do Not Track with respect to the Services at this time. Do Not Track is a privacy preference that you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain information about your webpage visits collected across websites when you have not interacted with that service on the page. For all the details, including how to turn on Do Not Track, visit www.donottrack.us.
At Pursuant, we take data protection seriously and have taken the necessary steps to become GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) compliant. In addition to meeting GDPR standards, we are applying policy and software updates to all users (including those outside the EU) and are committed to making future enhancements to ensure data is protected to the highest degree possible. The GDPR has been applicable as of May 25th, 2018. You can learn more about GDPR here.
How has Pursuant prepared for the GDPR? We’ve made updates to our product to be fully GDPR compliant.
* We’ve appointed a DPO (Data Protection Officer) whose job is to keep you and your customers’ data safe, answer any questions you have about your data and maintain compliance with all applicable laws.
* We’re updating Account Settings so our users can easily manage or opt-out of communication from Pursuant.
Questions? Connect with us by emailing email@example.com and we’d be happy to answer any additional questions you have about Pursuant and the GDPR.